Just shut up. Really.
Dear McCain-Palin supporters:
This election is not sewn up, despite what ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and others have said. The media is not acting as a nonpartisan observer. And the folks at Hillbuzz explain very nicely how the media is trying to keep you at home, so that you don't cast that vote for Senator McCain. ("It's over anyway, so what's the point?")
Here are the three things you have already seen and will continue to see until November 4 at about 10pm:
(1) Calls for McCain to just give up and quit, because the race is over.Hillbuzz knows all about this, because the same thing happened to Hillary voters earlier this year. Don't listen to what the media is telling. Make your own decision, and get out there and vote.
(2) Wild claims of Obama winning states that shock and surprise you.
(3) Repeated insistence that blacks and young people will decide this election, and they are all going to vote in record numbers for Obama.
Seriously: go read this story. And really, don't believe the hype. Actually, I advise the following for the next few days:
- Don't watch the news. Not ABC, not CBS, not NBC, not Fox, not CNN, nothing. (Especially not KXAN, if you happen to be here in Austin. Let 'em tank in the November sweeps ratings.)
- Don't read the newspapers. Not the unwanted daily, not the worthless weekly, and absolutely not the New York Times.
- Don't read the comments on a lot of the media's political blogs. Or if you do, do your research on astroturfing. (What about comments on your blog, Snowed? C'mon, I don't get those types of comments. Heck, I usually don't get any comments, period.)
- If you must watch or read, take all these stories with a grain of salt.
- Tell your fellow McCain voters that they also should take these stories with a grain of salt.
- Get out there and vote!