Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TX-Leg: HB 2649 Update

As I said, I'm fairly snowed under, but I wanted to get this update out before I disappear again. (I'm more often found on Twitter...hence the Twitter feed in the sidebar.)

HB 2649 was passed unanimously by the full Texas Senate, as expected. However, Rep. Wayne Smith, the author of the bill, has stated (through his staff to multiple people over the phone) that he intends to meet with Senator Kip Averitt, who introduced the amendments affecting lighting designers, and that he expects to have the language removed from the bill before it gets to Governor Perry's desk.

However, I would not rest easy just yet. Since I'm not intending to update further for a little while, I recommend Jim on Light as a good blog for updates on HB 2649. Also, check the NOHB2649 group at Yahoo.

0 comments: