Monday, October 18, 2010

A Green Initiative We Can All Support

Obviously, there have been many ideas thrown out about how we can do our part to use less, waste less, and so forth.  These ideas have ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous (let's use just one sheet of toilet paper--yeah!).  Some ideas are reasonable, others, not so much.

But I like this one quite a bit:

The Yellow Pages Integrated Media Association is the trade association of yellow-page makers. They actually run a little known web site called yellowpagesoptout.com. Launched in 2009, you just plug in your zip code and find the opt-out pages for your local phone book providers. I did it here in DC, and was able to opt out, online from both of the big yellow book providers in just minutes.

Seems legit enough.  I very quickly got myself off the Yellow Book list, although I did stay on the AT&T Yellow Pages list for now, as we do actually use that one.  (I always thought anything that wasn't the "Real" Yellow Pages was rather useless, which speaks to the effectiveness of AT&T's marketing over the years...)

In any case, it's worth a look.  The site, again, is yellowpagesoptout.com.  Check it out!

0 comments: