Monday, April 20, 2009

Here's My Earth Day Contribution

What am I doing for Earth Day this year? Unlike my activities the last several years (namely, forgetting it), this year I will be doing my part, or something.

And what will that be? Trading in the junker on a Prius? Yeah, right. Riding Capital Metro? Only if the junker is in the shop again. Turning off my lights? Sure, starting at bedtime.

No, this year Mrs. Snowed and I will each be taking five leftover plastic grocery bags to HEB for recycling, and assuming they haven't reached their limit, we'll each get a reusable bag in return. Why not? It's quick, it's easy, and we have something like a hundred plastic bags that we were eventually going to take to HEB for recycling anyway.

Be sure to check it out this Wednesday between 3 and 7, if you'd like a free bag too.

0 comments: