Monday, January 04, 2010

40 Most Obnoxious Quotes of 2009

Courtesy John Hawkins/Right Wing News, please check out the 40 most obnoxious quotes of 2009.  I can't imagine how many quotes there were at the start, before Mr. Hawkins narrowed them down to just 40.

As one might expect from a site called Right Wing News, several of the usual suspects show up.  For example:

34) Now, people when I say that look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?' The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you. -- Joe Biden

31) think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American. -- Jimmy Carter 

28) Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just don't know why we can't call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists - with their cries of, ‘I want my country back. You know what they're really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.' They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections - yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. That's not tin-foil hat time. That's just..." -- Janeane Garofalo 

But before you think that there weren't any people on my side of the aisle who were obnoxious (I can sense frequent anonymous commenter #2 ("Jeff") twitching already...hi Jeff!), this site covers them as well:

38) The governor is hiking the Appalachian Trail. -- Spokesman for Mark Sanford 

6) From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there’s a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death. -- CBS Sports commentator David Feherty  

Sadly, there are 35 more.

0 comments: