Monday, September 05, 2011

What's important again?

I wanted to finish up a few half-completed posts during the holiday, but ever since I saw how bad the wildfires all over the central Texas area have been, I really haven't been in the mood.

I know one firefighter taking on the Spicewood/Pedernales fire who was on the job for four days straight until he got four hours of sleep today.  I know his wife, who has had to learn to deal with his being gone for days at a time.  I know at least one family who is out of their home in Steiner Ranch right now and is waiting at least until tomorrow to get back into their house.

And when I see that, when I see those people--real people affected by this touch of hell--other topics just don't seem as important right this second.  Not that I don't believe that some of the topics about which I write are not important (though I'm sure not all of them are), but this is more important.  If you are reading this and are not in the central Texas area, it's really bad.  If you can do so, please help.  The Red Cross is a good place to start if you want to help.  And if you can't help, or even if you can, please pray.

0 comments: