Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Taxpayers' Revolt?

Just in case you're one of the five people in the US who hasn't seen it (three of them are the rest of the Snowed family), here's Rick Santelli's original rant:



Many people are ticked off. People are organizing "Tea Parties" all over the country. Now there's a website recommending a mortgage strike in April.

I would like to see this movement gain traction. I would like to see it make a difference. But, I'm worried that the general response of the MSM and the Democrats who gave us this junk will be a collective “oh, how cute!” with a knowing smile as we all get right back to our jobs to pay for the grasshoppers’ bailouts. And I don't think too many people are going to skip a mortgage payment in this economy. I'm not going to either...I'm still trying to get my debt paid off.

I think the most we can hope for is that some people will come to the conclusion that it is not in anyone's best interest to sit around and wait for the government to pander to them. Alfonzo Rachel, as usual, is right on target with that point (and many others) in the following.



Watch the whole thing and consider what is the best course.

0 comments: